- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Babies in the basket trek is a new concept of traditional way of the Nepalese in which children also get to enjoy the sceneries and experience the unique culture of the people along with the parents on the trip in the Himalayas. On this trek, easy trek days are planned in carefully picked up route. Well established lodges, guest houses are chosen for night stay so that the children on the trip may receive all the good taken care of. On the trek a typical day would be little modified than the one on usual trek itinerary and schedules. In the morning our baby members may not be ready as others veteran trekkers would have been. There will be plenty flexibility on a day’s activities. The babies are allowed to try walking if they want any. Other times they are carried in the porters’ basket which is safe and comfortable. Actually the children get to enjoy the same view but having remained at the upper part of the porters’ baskets. We have dozen experiences that children loved those trips very much.
Our supporting team will be highly experienced and having good patience to deal with children and their parents on the away from home. Our regular and honest porters do not only carry the child members on their back safely, but they also entertain singing folklore and engaging with many other Nepalese ways. The parents are there with the children always for any kind of communication.
If you have done one of the treks in Nepal in its beautiful route and you have a regret of not being able to bring your children with you, we are the solution. We can cater our similar services in the other trek route also. Let us know your idea and we make it come true!
The below presented itinerary is a very famous trek route of once upon a time where the road was away too far from such a pristine and scenic locations. But these days road has reached to some places but it does not infect the beautiful sceneries it had. Perhaps the traditional houses have been disappeared but still it has all the worth of mountain trekking here under the foothill of giant Annapurna Himal.
No details found.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1450M)Reception and transfer to hotel in Kathmandu. We will get your hotel ready as per your choice from 3 to 5 stars deluxe located at the center of tourist district; Thamel. Room check-in is followed with welcome drink. Later there will be a free time for an hour. And then go for light walk in which we take you Kathmandu Durbar Square (the site of Kumari – the living Hindu Goddess) and if time permits to Swyambhunath (the monkey temple). After the tour, drive back to Hotel and go for cultural dinner in the typical Nepali restaurants for traditional cuisines.
Breakfast and transfer to airport to fly to Pokhara (850 M/30 min)Upon landing at the airport, board on a van (or suitable vehicle as per the number of people in the team) and drive to hotel. Room check in and a short rest before going for city tours. Today we will visit the places are: Davis Fall, Gupteshwor Cave, World Peace Pagoda and the International Mountain museum. It's a short drive and visit trip in which our child members will enjoy the short hikes. Return to Hotel and go for dinner in the colorful district of Lakeside bazaar.
Morning after breakfast a short drive (for an hour & 40 min) to Nayapul (1070 M)Morning after breakfast a short drive (for an hour & 40 min) to Nayapul (1070 M) and trek to Hile (3 to 4 hrs trek/1460 M) by lunch time, then resuming trek arrive to Tirkedhunga (an hour & quarter/1540 M after lunch place) or Ulleri (2 hrs & half/2020 M) for the night stop. Overnight at mountain lodge/full board.
Trek to Ghorepani (5-6 hrs/2860 M).A pleasant trail running thru the forest of rhododendron, oak, pine, cheer-pine etc throughout the day. Chances to see different kind of animals out of which languor (monkey), jackal are often spotted. The Ghorepani Deaurali – where all the lodges are boasted has amazing snow mountain views including of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna south, Hiiunchuli etc. O/N at mountain lodge/full board.
Morning visit to Poon Hill (1.5 hrs go and return/3210m)Morning visit to Poon Hill (1.5 hrs go and return/3210m) for sunrise and big panoramic view of snow mountains in the Himalayas. The sight includes 3 snow mountain peaks over 8000 meters (Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and Annapurna I) and several famous and beautiful Himalayan sky scrapers. Return to the lodge and have breakfast. Then trek to Tadapani (4 to 5 hrs/2630 M). O/N at mountain lodge/full board.
Trek to Jhinu Danda (4 -5 hrs/1780 M)Trek to Jhinu Danda (4 -5 hrs/1780 M) having lunch break at Chhomrong (2170 M) – a scenic village of Gurung – a famous tribal group in the region. At Jhinu Danda you will be experiencing a unique natural source to enjoy is the Hot Water dipping pool. It is situated by the Modi River bank about 10 min walk from the lodge area. You may dip yourself after room check in until 2-3 hours. O/N at mountain lodge, full board.
Trek to Pothana (5-6 hrs/1890 M)Following the classical footprint of glorious trekkers once upon a time, we cross the Modi River at New Bridge (a small town) and ascend for quite a sometime to the Landrung village. It's another picturesque village in the region lived by the Gurung people. Lunche can be received at Bhedi Kharka which is after Landrung. From Bhedi Kharka, Pitam Deaurali is 1.40min walk and another 2 hrs to Pothana. O/N at lodge, full board.
Trek to Sarangkot (1700m).There are many ways of reaching to here but we take the most scenic and easiest. That is via Australian Camp (1800m) which is about 2hrs away from Pothana. Descend to Kare for an hour and wait for drive to Sarangkot. Here in Sarangkot, there is another famous view point just above the lodge area. It can be visited for sunset and sunrise from which all direction there is a commanding views specially of the Fishtail, Hiunchuli, Annapurna South etc. O/N at lodge/Full board.
Trek arrives to end at Pokhara.It's a descend viewing the turquoise blue Fewa Lake. Sometime we get to see swinging paraglide over us which take off from Sarangkot. If there is anyone interested for this exciting activity, he/she may do so – (cost extra!). In Pokhara check in to the same hotel in Pokhara and enjoy the free rambling by the Lakeside. It will give you a lot of free time for shopping also.
Drive to KathmanduIt's a scenic drive about 205km that brings views of the highway sides. The views of the green hills, terraces, villages, rivers, streams as if it’s a pictures of cinematography. You may even get to see the highway side bazaars and the active economic aspect of the area. Lunch on the way and reach to Kathmandu by 3pm. Hotel the same.
Day in KathmanduDay in Kathmandu – full day city tours. Today’s destinations are Bhaktapur and Patan. Patan is nicknamed as the city of fine arts and architecture whereas Bhaktapur as the city of devotees. Both cities are famous for the art and architecture of medieval periods. We get ample time to visit every nuke and corners of it before drive back to Hotel. Drive back to Hotel and free time.
Free time until the said airport check-in time.You will have to report at the check in counter 2 hrs before of the flight. To be there at the reporting time as given, you may start from your hotel by 25-30 min before. The distance to airport is not that far, but sometime the traffic gets heavily packed. So, to avoid any the hassles, we start on good timing. Transfer to airport and Happy See Off!!
- Airport pick up and transfer as required by the program (in Kathmandu – with international and domestic also in Pokhara),
- Hotel in Kathmandu (5 star deluxe; such as Hotel Mulberry) and in Pokhara (4 star super deluxe such as Mt. Kailash Resort) – a triple room with daily breakfast.
- Full board (daily breakfast, lunch, dinner with hot drinks) trek in the mountain for above itinerary. The mountain lodges are not that fancy or up-scaled. Many good hotels services are missing and some of them in this tailored route just have a simple hot shower room – missing so many amenities such as in Tadapani. They facilities or services they cater is just to manageable or survivable. It is the reason why I would suggest the 4 star or 5 star hotels before and after the trek to enjoy the good, modern amenities.
- A trek guide (English speaking) and one porter. For this short and low land trek route, I am sure that all the stuffs of 3 members will be around 25-28 kg only, that is carried by a porter. Anything that is not necessary on trek, you may store in the hotel in Pokhara at free of charge and fully safe. The trek guide and porter is fully paid with daily wages, food allowances, trek insurance and required simplest transportation. May be not the flight tickets, but of course the comfortable road journey if they have to back and forth from some places such as from Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu etc.
- All trek permits and entry tickets. Entry tickets even for the sightseeing venues or spots in Kathmandu and Pokhara. In Kathmandu there will be professional city tour guide and in Pokhara the tour is conducted by the trek guide.
- All drive such as Pokhara to Nayapool to commence the trek and also drive back to Kathmandu from Pokhara all inclusive.
- Rafting trip at Trishuli river for 3-4 hours with all safety accessories with lunch,
- Welcome dinner and so many more regular services of Alpine Exodus such as trekking maps (about 2 for the group of 3 people), daily washing warm water (in the morning we serve a small washing-bowl of warm water for wash your face. On the mountain if the climate is colder, this is very useful; such as in
Cold drinks, bar bills, meals other than daily breakfast and welcome dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara (during staying in big hotels), personal wear, rain wear (a simple gortex or similar one or even a simple poncho – since you have trekked in Bhutan I am sure you are sophisticated with every equipment and clothing, Incase anything running shortage, please let us know. This route we have tailored meets most of the scenic routes in Bhutan and keeps almost the similar elevation level!), travel insurance, medical assistance, any flight tickets other than said above, paragliding in Sarangkot if interested, etc.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing