Dhaulagiri-Dolpo trans-himalaya trek
Today a trek here is a very pleasant outdoor activity that provides you an excellent adventure of experiencing the nature and culture as intact condition as described in the book.
Be a part of the travel here and witness what the writer had seen, felt and enjoyed the differences. On top of everything, the amazing vistas are still there. The route is still one of the remotest and full of adventurous. This is one of the favorite routes of Alpine Exodus!
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Arrival Kathmandu | Hotel
Arrival at the Kathmandu International Airport, reception and transfer to hotel.
Our packages normally include the hotel in Kathmandu before and after the trek. But you're free to choose if you would like to have your own booked accommodation.
Room check-in and free time.
Day in Kathmandu | Hotel
You may go for city tours or spend the day as you like. But you're suggested to give sometime 20-25min, not more than that for checking your things at the final time before the trek departures. Kathmandu is the last good place to add up if anything shortage.
Your guide will be happily available if your need any help.
Drive to Pokhara | Hotel
Drive on a privately reserved vehicle (5-6hrs). Exciting middle hilly-road passes through some of the magnificent river basins of Nepal.
Drive to Dhorpatan | Guest House
Another scenic road road stretch along the middle hilly region of Nepal. It provides amazing road-side views as well as stunning Himalaya scenery from many places during the drive. Half of the road section is finely built black topped, but little section of it is under construction. Yet plying jeeps are fine.
Day at Dhorpatan! Visit around | Guest House
Visit the Hunting Reserve - the only place where hunting game is allowed for some specified species of Himalayan animals in Nepal.
Trek day: Dhorpatan to Thankur | Tent
It is a journey of 7-8 hrs from Dhorpatan. Thankur is a bigger village situated at 3190m from the sea level is a home of a group of indigenous people. For the night we provide tented accommodation.
Amazing views throughout the day.
Trek day: Thankur to Tatopani | Tent
Thakur – Tatopani (2400m/7872ft) 6-7 hrs
Trek day: Tato Pani to Dhule | Tent
Tatopani – Dhule (3340m/10955ft) 4-5 hrs
Trek day: Dhule to Seng Khola | Tent
Seng Khola 3820m/ 5-6 hours,
Trek day: Seng Khola to Purpang | Tent
Purpang 4270m/ 5-6 hours,
Trek day: Purbang to Sahar Tara | Tent
Purpang to Sahar Tara 3010m/ 6-7 hours via Jang La Pass 4535m,
Trek day: Sahartara to Laini | Tent
Now we're in the Lower Dolpo section. It's easy day, not much to walk and throughout the day we will be trekking on the bank of river whereas the lower section if called Thuli Bheri and upper is Taram Khola. We will pass Laisicap and Chhudhul Gompa. Laini (3370m|4-5hrs trek) is more correctly pronounced Laina Odar (Odar means cave). Overnight at tented camp.
Trek day: Laini to Newar Pani | Tent
Follow the same river bank as yesterday. For the night we can also reach to Ghyamghar (3755m) walking 6-7hrs, but Newar Pani (3475m) is 4-5hrs trek only. Reaching Ghyamghar is easier for tomorrow to Dho Tarap. Any place (Ghyamghar or Newar Pani) is good for camping and available of water sources. The difference is just how much would you like to walk today!
Trek day: Newar Pani to Dho Tarap | Lodge
Too many days at the tents. So, we try staying at lodge today. Simple lodges are available here at Dho village (3944m). It is one of the bigger villages in the region and was a part of the (Himalayan) Caravan movie produced in Dolpo area and was nominated on Oscar award on its 72nd annual in 2000. A beautiful scenic village, after lodge check in rambling around is rewarding activity to do.
Trek day: Dho Tarap to Numula Base Camp | Tent
Dho Tarap – Numala Base Camp (4460m/14628ft) 4-5 hrs.
Trek day: Numala BC to Dani Ghar | Tent
Numala Base Camp to Numala Pass (4800m) and descend to the other side at Bagala Base Camp or Dani Ghar (4465m/14645ft) in 5-6 hrs.
Trek day: Dani Ghar to Ringmo | Tent or Lodge
Dani Ghar/Yak Kharka to Ringmo which is situated beside the enormous Phoksundo Lake (3620m/11874ftft) 3-4hrs trek.
Excursion day: visit around Phoksindo Lake
Rambling around the Phoksindo Lake as well as explore the Ringmo village. Visit temple & monastery.
Trek day: Ringmo to Chhepka | Tent
Ringmo – Chepka (2670m/8758ft) 6-7 hrs
Trek Day: Chhepka to Juphal | Lodge
Chekpa – Juphal (2320m/7601ft) 5-6 hrs. If you want the last part can be done with drive. Amazingly scenic trail...
Flight to Nepal Gunj and to Kathmandu | Hotel
In the morning take the exciting flight to Nepalgunj & in the afternoon connect your flight of Kathmandu. Airport reception and transfer to hotel. Free time.
Free day: in Kathmandu | Hotel
A free day in Kathmandu. You may let us know if you want to go for city tours. Or just hang around in Thamel - that is also a fantastic thing to do. Go for sampling the local food and drinks. Some bars in Thamel are never boring places to be, which offer free wifi, reading materials or even the pool table!
Home sweet home!
Have your breakfast and let the representative to know your time for pick up and transfer to airport. Alpine Exodus manager never misses to see off its guests with Khata sending off to the airport.
- Hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara (as program),
- Airport pick up/transfers in Kathmandu as well as in Nepalgunj (as program),
- Domestic flights (Juphal to Nepalgunj & Nepalgunj to Kathmandu or as program),
- Ground/road transfer (Kathmandu to Pokhara and from Pokhara to Dhorpatan),
- City tours in Kathmandu and Pokhara (as program),
- Trek permits and National Park | Hunting Reserve entry tickets,
- Full camping based trip with daily food and tented camp (or lodge as indicated on the program),
- Daily delicious, gourmet meals (thrice a day: breakfast, lunch & dinner) with hot drinks (tea, coffee), boiled water etc as well as freshly purchased vegetables from the locals cooked by experienced chef |cook at highly hygienic environment,
- Guide, assistant, cook, kitchen helper, porters, etc.
- Two men sleeping tents, kitchen | dining tent and other tents as necessary (staff tents, toilet, bath etc),
- Regular extra services from Alpine Exodus such as: trek maps, gift hampers or hats or t-shirts, free duffel bags for carrying your stuff while on trek (must give back after the trek), daily fresh fruits (seasonal as well as tinned) etc.
- Nepal visa fee, International air tickets,
- Cold drinks, bar bills, insurance (travel & medical),
- Meals while in Kathmandu and Pokhara (other than daily breakfast),
- If rooms taken for more nights than mentioned on the program (at the places where lodges available) on the trek,
- Horse if any taken on treks,
- Tipping or gratitude to your guides, porters, cook, driver etc.
- Extra city tours or any repeat visit in Kathmandu or while on trek,
- Anything that are not mentioned on the Trip Include column,