Due to the remote location and hard living conditions, not so many people live or travel in these areas.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Due to the remote location and hard living conditions, not so many people live or travel in these areas. As a result, the people of Dolpo are part of a very isolated culture found in specific pockets of northern Nepal. This is a land where life still revolves around horses, mules and yaks; people still wear traditional attire and jewelry, waters are still divided on the basis of a dice game, and the remains of the dead are given to wild vultures. Even today, much of Dolpo is restricted area for tourists, which contributed to preserve the ages old unique culture of here.
The beautiful lake of Phoksindo [derived from ‘phok’, ‘sung’ and ’dhu’, meaning ‘spread out’ ‘three’ and ‘stone’ respectively]; the deepest lake of Nepal which also happens to be the deepest lake of high altitude in the world as well as the Ringmo village is the remarkable destination of this trip.
No details found.
Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu. Hotel,
Day in Kathmandu
Free day in Kathmandu. Hotel.
Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by drive. Hotel,
Trek to Dunai
Fly to Juphal. Trek to Dunai (2140m/3hrs). Overnight at Mountain Lodge/full board.
Trek to Shyangta
Trek to Shyangta (2520m/5hrs). Overnight similar.
Trek to Rechi
Trek to Rechi (2520m/5 hrs). Overnight similar.
Trek to Ringmo
Trek to Ringmo (3733m/6hrs). O/N similar.
Visit around of the Phoksindo lake
Rest in Ringmo and visit around of the Phoksindo lake including the small temple on southern belt of the lake.
Trek return to Chhepka
Trek return to Chhepka (2838m). O/N similar.
Trek Return to Juphal
Trek return to Juphal. Overnight similar.
Way to Kathmandu
Morning fly to Nepalgunj and drive to Kathmandu. Hotel.
Way to Home
Day at free. Evening after farewell dinner transfer to airport and fly home!
- Airport pick up/transfer as program,
- Hotel in Kathmandu and in Nepalgunj with full board meals,
- Kathmandu city tour (half day tour with guide and transport),
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj [and back to Kathmandu] transport on the privately reserved Toyota van with air condition,
- Nepalgunj to Juphal and return by flight,
- Full board trek with mountain basic lodge accommodation (lodge+meals),
- All trek permits and National park entry permits,
- 1 guide, assistant/s depending on the group size, porters including meals, daily allowance, work insurance etc.
- Welcome/farewell dinners are provided at the traditional Nepali restaurants with cultural shows,
- Services of fresh fruits, boiled drinking water, tea, coffee cookies,
- Services of duffel bags (for trek purpose only), warm water daily in the morning for face washing water etc.
- Cold drinks, bar bills, personal shopping,
- More city tours if any,
- Repeated more nights hotel stay in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj or even on the trek, (or other than the program above),
- Travel insurance, medical expenses, medical/emergency evacuate if any etc.
- Nepal visa fee, international airfare,
- Any trip extension, Upper Dolpo entry etc.