There are so many interesting things to do in this 17 days’ Everest Base Camp – Cho La (pass) and – Gokyo Valley trek.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
There are so many interesting things to do in this 18 days’ Everest Base Camp – Cho La (pass) and – Gokyo Valley trek. It includes two main valleys of the Khumbu Region to explore each with spectacular mountain scenery, lifetime experience of three glaciers walks, visit to some of the biggest Sherpa villages and pay a visit to the most respected Buddhist monastery in the area.
This trip brings you to see the place where the Mt. Everest stands up at and how mightily it rises all the way to the summit. We also see the top of Mt. Everest from the closest possible view point but without technical climbing.
The extended section of Cho La (5420m/17783ft) can give you an adrenaline check along with another new vistas opening up before you. And this part is much more lovely with the great views as well as spiritual as it has the presence of lakes!
If you are fit and better acclimatized, you may be able to do in within 15 days also without hurting the motto of entire trip.
The trip is started taking a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2830m) – Phakding (2640m/4hrs) with your guide. An exciting trans-Himalayan flight (just of 30 min) with morning glorious views over the snow mountains, jungles, waterfalls, hills, dunes etc. etc. Landing at Lukla, meet your porter and start the trek.
No details found.
Arrival in Kathmandu | Hotel
Arrival in the International Airport in Kathmandu (1350m). Airport reception and transfer to Hotel in Thamel.
Day in Kathmandu | Hotel
It is a day in Kathmandu to visit around. Consider visiting places like Swyambhunath stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudha Nath Stupa, Pashupatinath etc. It takes about 7-8 hours to visit all the places and all are located within 2 to 3 mile periphery from your hotel in Thamel. In the evening meeting your guide and have Nepali dinner together!
Kathmandu to Lukla fly & to Phakding | Hotel
Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2830m|9284ft) – Phakding (2640m|8660ft/4hrs) with your guide. An exciting trans-Himalayan flight (just of 30 min) with morning glorious views over the snow mountains, jungles, waterfalls, hills, dunes etc. etc. Landing at Lukla, meet your porter and start the trek.
Phakding – Namche Bazar | Hotel
Phakding – Namche Bazar (3440m|11285ft/5 to 6 hrs).
Day in Namche Bazar | Hotel
Namche Bazar – Syangboche (3800m) – Hotel Everest View and back to Hotel in Namche.
Namche to Tyangboche/Deboche | Hotel
Syangboche – Tyangboche/Deboche (3820m/5 to 6 hrs).
Trek to Dingboche | Hotel
Deboche – Dingboche (4350m/5 to 6 hrs).
Day in Dingboche | Hotel
Dingboche (2nd acclimatization day). A visit to Chhukung (4730m/5 to 6hrs round trip) is very ideal.
Trek to Lobuche | Hotel
Dingboche – Lobuche (4910m/4 to 5 hrs).
Lobuche – Goraksep
Lobuche – Gorak Shep (5364m/2:30 to 3 hrs) – Kala Pathar (5623m/3 to 5 hrs round trip).
Visit to EBC & return to Dzongla | Lodge
Goraksep – EBC (5380m/3 to 4 hrs round trip) – Dzongla (4830m/ 3 to 5 hrs).
Dzongla - Cho La - Thagna | Lodge
Dzongla – Cho La (5368m) – Thagna (4700m) – Gokyo (4790m/6 to 8 hrs).
Trek to Gokyo-Gokyo Ri & down to Machherma | Hotel
Trek to Gokyo and visit Gokyo Ri (5360m) in the morning and trek to Machherma (4250m/6-7 hrs).
Machherma – Namche | Hotel
Machherma – Namche/5 to 6 hrs).
Namche Bazar – Lukla | Hotel
Namche Bazar – Lukla (2830m/7 to 8 hrs).
Fly to Kathmandu | Hotel
Fly to Kathmandu in the morning and free day in KTM.
Back to Home
City tour of Kathmandu & Bhaktapur and fly home! City tour – Swyambhunath, Boudhanath Stupa and Bhaktapur Durbar Square & include lunch & farewell dinner.
- Airport pick up and transfer (international and domestic as group program),
- Hotel accommodation (3 star or similar standard) with daily breakfast,
- Kathmndu to Lukla and return flight ticket,
- Trek permits and National Park entrance tickets (on EBC, Gokyo Valley trek),
- Full board trek from Day 02 to Day 14 with 1 guide and 1 porter,
- Meal on trek (the full board plan): breakfast, lunch, dinner with hot drinks (tea-black tea, milk tea) and boiled water (2 liter each person) daily,
- Various complimentary regular services of Alpine Exodus such as: fresh fruits or tin fruits daily on trek, trekking map, water proof duffel bags (for trek purpose only if required), Washing water daily in the morning (about a liter of clean warm water is served for face wash or brush your teeth), etc.
- Cold drinks, bar bills, while on trek or in Kathmandu,
- Personal wear, warm clothes, rain wear, trekking equipment,
- Extra expenses; such as any extra night hotel stay in Kathmandu or incase trek extended,
- Different make of coffee/espresso or similar luxurious such as chocolate drink etc.
- Travel insurance, medicine or medical assistance including the Helicopter rescue if any,
- Tips if any to your guide, porter/s, driver etc.
- Personal porter if any required,
- Renting anything to wear or any equipment,
- Anything not mentioned on the above column.