For the first time the successful Island Peak route was made in the same year when Mt. Everest was climbed by Tenzin Norgey and Edmond Hillary.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Arrival at Kathmandu/Hotel
Arrival at the International Airport in Kathmandu (TIA). Reception and transfer to Hotel in Thamel. Trip assignment and have free time...
Day in Kathmandu/Hotel
City excursion day. After breakfast drive with the city-expert guide. His stories about the old part of the cities are always interesting. Our guides have depth knowledge about the culture and socio-economical aspect of the valley.
We; at the office get all the permits and entry tickets ready!
In the evening you may give sometime for your final packing; let us know if anything is needed to rental or purchase.
trek day; Phakding/Guest House
Receive quick breakfast and get to the airport. It's an exciting morning flight to Lukla (2830m) for 30 min. Upon landing, we meet rest of the porters, assistants and today's trek heads to Phakding (2640m), for 4-5hrs easy paces.
Trek to Namche/Guest House
Passing thru beautiful settlements of Sherpa people we reach to Namche (3440m/5-6hrs). There will be first sight of Mt. Everest from the trek!
Namche; the fabled town as well as famous gateway point to Mt. Everest Base Camp makes all trekkers excited throughout the day! The awe inspirational thing of the day!
Exploration day; Namche/Guest House
This is an acclimatization day. To make it exciting and active we hike of the nearby areas. How about starting from Furte to Syangboche and then to Khumjung before head down to Namche by the lunch time thru Hotel Everest area (5-6hrs). Similar Lodge in Namche.
trek day; Deevoche/Guest House
Stroll thru a beautiful trekking trail viewing some of the best scenes of the area. Visit the Tyengboche monastery before venturing 20 min further to the groove of rhododendron trees at Deevoche (3850m). Today's trek totally for 5 to 6hrs.
trek day; Pheriche/Guest House
Another superb day in the Upper Khumbu area. Capture some of the closest possible views of Amadablam including the one most photographed angle. We head to Pheriche (4230m) keeping the Dingboche and further be visited after the Everest Base Camp or before reaching to Parsiya Gyab - the Island Peak Base Camp (5-6hrs).
2nd rest day; hike to Nangkar Tshang
After breakfast we make an easy ascending towards the Pokalde Peak. In half an hour we reach to the stupa site and see the big bunch of prayers' flags. That is the remarkable spot as it provides one of the best views to the North-East including Mt. Makalu. Further ascending with more views opening to the foothill of Amadablam thrills your adventure! Nangkar Tshang (5000m+), back and forth 4-6 hrs. Hotel the same!
trek day; Lobuche/Guest House
The vast grassy meadow doesn't let you go him for abut 2 hrs, but then nothing stops! You raise to touch the sky today! Amazing day with tremendous views.
destination day; Everest Base Camp
Your journey advances exploring the unique settings of the Khumbu Glacier which later met by Chongri Shar & Nup glacier. This is an extra excitement of walking into the Himalayan valleys. At Gorakshep we take the rooms and have lunch and set out again for the Everest Base Camp visit (totally 6-8hrs journey).
Mt. Everest from closest possible viewpoint
Early morning visit to Kalapatthar (5623m/3-4hrs) and return to Lodge at Gorakshep. After breakfast begin to head back down to Lobuche and further to Dingboche (4340m/3-5hrs).
trek day; Chhukung
An easy strolling to Chhukung. A unique settlement by few lodges but surrounded by the snow mountains including Amadablam, Island peak, Peak 38, Mt. Lhotse etc.
trek day; Island Base Camp/Tented Camp
Chukkung to Island (Imjatse) Base Camp (4980m/4-5hrs)
If planing to stay at the High Camp (5500m/6-7hrs), that is possible too. But we should talk about it with the guide and the preparation team. Night at tented camp.
Island Peak Summit Day!
Hard works really pays well off! You will be rewarded with unparalleled views and amazing experience of peak climbing in the Himalayas. Island Peak Summit - 6189m, takes 6-8 hrs from Parsiya Gyab starting around 2am. Upon return lunch hot lunch serve and ready to further back down to Chhukung! O/N at Chhukung.
retrace day; Phortse/Guest House
A beautiful alternative trail to return to Namche. The Phortse (3850m village lies off from the main trails of EBC and Gokyo. So, not so many tourists reach to here, but we do and we feel privileged for it! About 5hrs walking with high views of Amadablam, Kangteiga, Peak 41, Thamserku etc.
trek day; Namche/Guest House
On the way, Mong La (Pass, 3930m) provides excellent vintage of scenic photography. Then a longer slope to descend to Kyangzuma or Khumjung - you can choose to appear where. Namche is nearby from any place.
last trek day; Lukla
returning Lukla with the feeling of triumph! Well done, excellent trip ends with good party with your guide, porters and other trip supporting members. The porters are the best sources of folk singing and dances, why not request them to show their inborn talent.
return to Kathmandu/Hotel
Gradually its time to go home! Take the morning flight to Kathmandu. Stay at Hotel as before. Free afternoon. Farewell dinner…
home sweet home!
We transfer to airport on the given time and see you off congratulating once again for your safe and successful Nepal travel! Happy See off!!
- Airport pick up and transfer (in Kathmandu as necessary),
- Hotel in Kathmandu and lodge accommodation while on trekking route. Also the camping/tented accommodation during peak climbing process (for 1 night),
- Breakfast on Hotel stay in KTM and full board [breakfast, lunch, dinner with hot drinks] on mountain lodges/tents,
- KTM – LUA return flight tickets and the applicable airport departure taxes,
- Trek and National Park entry permit/tickets, Peak climbing/mountaineering permits of Island peak, Garbage fees etc.
- Guide (trek and mountaineering), porter, [sometime the porters are substituted by Dzopkyos (hybrid of yak) for a large group],
- Climbing equipment such as the climbing ropes, ice axe, crampons, harness, snow bars, Ice crew etc.
- Sleeping bag – we provide the best available one. But if you have your own one, you are strongly
- suggested to bring your own that must cover temperature minus (-) 20 degree centigrade.
- All the other regular services of Alpine Exodus.
- Warm clothes, rain wear, personal gears (for trek and mountaineering),
- Meals (other than breakfast)in KTM, cold drinks, bar bills if any,
- Personal equipment for trekking and climbing. If required any personal porter,
- Travel insurance, Medical assistances if any, emergency rescue when any,
- Any extensions of hotel stay or trekking/mountaineering,
- Any trips/loyalties to your guide/porter, driver etc. as well as for the hot shower/batter charging etc. on the mountain are not price inclusive items.