Mardi Himal base camp trek
Probably the shortest trek in the Himalayas with assuring safety of altitude ascending; provides amazingly close up vistas of the Annapurna Range and Fishtail mountains. This trip as a unique experience of warm, cozy culture of welcoming of the locals to the travelers in the remote Himalayas of Nepal…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Arrival in Kathmandu | Hotel
Airport reception and transfer to hotel will be of 3 star standard (or as required standard) with breakfast (twin sharing). Room check-in and (depending on time) there will be a short meeting on which please check your trek permits, entry/exit dates, your insurance policy and the detail it covers with the emergency number to contact in case of emergency. If necessary anything, also please note down! The guide will be introduced in the same time and then it's a free time ahead on which you may check your equipment, supplies. Kathmandu is the last good place to add if anything is short-falling. If needed advices of the guide or the representative of Alpine Exodus may available happily.
Drive to Pokhara | Hotel
After breakfast around 8:00am, transfer to the domestic section of the airport and fly (30min) to Pokhara. Upon landing, board on a jeep and drive to Kande for about 45KM along a scenic road that even includes impressive Himalayan peaks views such as Mt. Fishtail, Hiunchuli, Annapurna South etc. It is a small town remained by the roadside. Australian Camp – nothing resembles of being Australian as this just a small beautiful village like any others is reached in 2 hrs and half walking along an inclined trail.
Hiking some 30 min above the village offers better views but the grown up branches of the trees sometime obstruct the views.
Trek to Pitam Deaurali (2142m) | Lodge
Drive to Dhampus and trek starts.
Trek to Low Camp (3050m) | Lodge
After breakfast by 8am and get ready to hit the trail. We make to Low Camp today that is situated at 3050m. Today's journey mostly with forests area where varieties of trees as well as rich in wild lives is passed. Clearing the forests area, we will have good view of snow mountains.
Trek to High Camp (3500m)|Lodge
We make to High Camp today that is situated at 3600m, passing Badale Danda (3300m), probably a good place for lunch break. By half-day today we notice that the vegetation changes from green trees to dwarf bushes and then just the grasses. And it actually adds merit for the visitors providing by unbroken sighting of the snow mountains and Himayan ranges.
Mardi Himal Base Camp & back to Badale Danda | Lodge
t is the final destination of the trip for amazing close up views of Mt. Fishtail and Mardi Peak. Similarly it is a tough hiking too, about 1000m in a couple of hours. After this amazing viewing moment, we take the return course. We go further down to Badale Danda having stopped at High Camp just for lunch.
Back to Siding from Badale Danda | Lodge
An easy down hill course. Every where has open views!
Drive to Pokhara by a jeep
Most probably it will be a sharing jeep with the local people. Upon reaching Pokhara hotel check in and have a leisure time, later go for great dinner after the hard trek.
Return Kathmandu | Hotel
Drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
Fly back home.
- Airport pick up/transfer as program,
- Welcome or farewell dinner,
- Hotel in Kathmandu before and after trek and in Pokhara after trek (3 star in KTM but in PKR 4 star) hotel with daily breakfast
- Guide and a porter
- All trek permits and entry tickets
- Daily lodge accommodation en-route to Mardi Himal BC Round Trek with daily 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with hot drinks (tea, etc)
- Sleeping bg and duffel bags for trek period for porters carry if you required
- Welcome dinner and many more as Alpine Exodus’s regular services and gift hampers,
- Personal expenses, trek gears
- Cold drinks, bar bills. If any bills on telephone, internet, WIFI etc. On the trekking routes, hot showers (during trek), laundry, shopping etc when it is required to pay
- In any form if the trip is extended or made to double visit - specially on the city tours
- Travel insurance, medical expenses, helicopter uplift when any
- Tips and loyalties to your guide, porters, driver etc. when any
- Nepal visa, international flight tickets
- Lunch and dinner (other than the daily breakfast and welcome OR farewell dinner) when you are in Kathmandu and in Pokhara