One of the most sought after peaks in the Himalayas by the mountaineers, be it by the professional climbers or the amateur.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Day 1 & 2
Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu and permit preparation. Hotel with breakfast. Alpine Exodus will take-care all the documentations and permits issuing jobs. You will have free time to explore the Kathmandu durbar square and other cities as interested. On the first day of your arrival, we organize a welcome dinner on which your guide will be participated too. It’s a good chance to ask the last minute questions if you have any about the climbing or even warm cloths or sleeping bag preparation. Stay at Hotel.
Trek to Chhutyanga
Morning fly (1/2 hrs) to Lukla and trek to Chhutyanga (3050m.)/4 hrs. Lodge stay.
Trek over Zetra La
Trek over Zetra La (4610m) and arrive to Zetra Bug (3100m)/4:30hrs. Lodge
Trek to Kothe or Mosam Kharka
Trek to Kothe or Mosam Kharka (3700m.)/3hrs. Lodge.
Trek to Thangna
Trek to Thangna (4356m)/3hrs. Lodge.
Rest at Thangna
Rest at Thangna. On this day we walk about 5 minutes above to the lodges area where is a huge boulder we tie the rope on it and do some mountaineering practices. This can be repeated at Khara also, for the interested parties.
Trek to Khare
Trek to Khare (5025)/4hrs. Lodge.
Acclimatization at Khare
Acclimatization at Khare. Lodge.
Trek to Mera La
Trek to Mera La (5415m) and set up the base camp at 5350m)/4hrs. Camp.
Base camp to High camp
Base camp to High camp (5800m.)/5 hrs. Camp.
High camp – Mera summit
High camp – Mera summit and back to base camp (5350m) or Khare (5025m.). Camp or Lodge.
A spare day
A spare day for weather or other reason incase climbing delays…
Trek to Tashing Ongma
Trek to Tashing Ongma. Lodge.
Trek to Thuli Kharka
Trek to Thuli Kharka. Lodge.
Trek to Lukla
Trek to Lukla. Buddha Lodge.
Way to Kathmandu
Morning fly back to Kathmandu. Hotel.
Day in Kathmandu
Extra day in Kathmandu. Hotel.
Back to Home
Fly back your home. Happy see off!
- All airport pick up and transfer,
- Hotels in Kathmandu with breakfast (twin sharing),
- Flight ticket to Lukla and Kathmandu (both way) with airport departure taxes,
- All climbing permits, garbage fees, and Everest National Park, Makalu – Barun National Park entry permits,
- 1 trekking guide and necessary porters (for 4 trekking members, normally 3 porters in this route but this being the peak climbing trip, we allot 4 porters and is expected to be well enough),
- Everyday 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) based on Lodge from Lukla to Khare and Khare to Lukla.
- Beyond Khare (climbing period), all camping arrangement with full board is provided, Main rope, fixed rope, snow bars, tents (group nature equipments),
- All staffs and crew members’ daily wage, work insurance (Mera area regarded a hard trek so the insurance is a ‘must’), warm clothes and shoes for the porters, etc.
- Welcome dinner in one of the Nepalese restaurants (typical Nepalese cuisines) in Kathmandu, for which your guide and the company represent accompany you. This is one of the best chances for the last minutes Q &A or anything we have forgotten to ask or discuss.
- Lukla to Khare lodge trek. Khare to the peak climbing part based on camping. And again from Khare to
- Lukla on the lodge trek as shown on the itinerary and said above.
- 1 climbing guide for each 4 members (clients), etc…
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu,
- Warm clothes, rain wear, personal equipment for trek and climbing (except the above listed of Group nature equip),
- Cold drinks, bar bills, telephone, laundry expenses. Mineral/bottled, boiled water etc.
- Personal gratitude or the loyalties to any trekking staff (tips) if any,
- International air fare and Nepal visa fee. International airport departure taxes.
- Sightseeing if any in Kathmandu or any other extra nights stay in Kathmandu (hotels),
- Personal insurance for trekking, climbing etc. Please make your insurance with full medical expenses and helicopter rescue covering in case needed.