One of the most sought after peaks in the Himalayas by the mountaineers, be it by the professional climbers or the amateur.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
One of the most sought after peaks in the Himalayas by the mountaineers, be it by the professional climbers or the amateur. Mera peak has been for all. The reason is that it can be very adventurous people like to try with and also the whole climbing process is arranged with very simply too. We Alpine Exodus has been operating trips to climb this peak from longtime back, therefore we have the enough experiences and we have so many happy, satisfied clients too.
By location this peak is situated in the border of Khumbu (Sagarmatha or Everest) & Makalu – Barun area. It’s access to the base camp – or the trekking part is regarded tougher than actually the peak climbing. The climbing majorly is involved with long inclined slope walk, just few arduous some 15-17 meter right below the summit. Less acclimatized parties are suggested to have minimum 2 nights above Khare village; one night at BC and another at HC.
The climbing is very adventurous and scenic. It is where one can have close up view of six peaks higher than eight thousand meter, Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Lhotse Tsar, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Makalu & Mt. Kanchanjunga with innumerable of sever thousanders.
We can make your trek to the base camp with more than one itinerary depending on your interest and physical condition and all routes are rewarded with spectacular scenery and ultimately one of the finest viewpoints in Nepal.
No details found.
Day 1 & 2
Arrival in KathmanduArrival in Kathmandu and permit preparation. Hotel with breakfast. Alpine Exodus will take-care all the documentations and permits issuing jobs. You will have free time to explore the Kathmandu durbar square and other cities as interested. On the first day of your arrival, we organize a welcome dinner on which your guide will be participated too. It’s a good chance to ask the last minute questions if you have any about the climbing or even warm cloths or sleeping bag preparation. Stay at Hotel.
Trek to ChhutyangaMorning fly (1/2 hrs) to Lukla and trek to Chhutyanga (3050m.)/4 hrs. Lodge stay.
Trek over Zetra LaTrek over Zetra La (4610m) and arrive to Zetra Bug (3100m)/4:30hrs. Lodge
Trek to Kothe or Mosam KharkaTrek to Kothe or Mosam Kharka (3700m.)/3hrs. Lodge.
Trek to ThangnaTrek to Thangna (4356m)/3hrs. Lodge.
Rest at ThangnaRest at Thangna. On this day we walk about 5 minutes above to the lodges area where is a huge boulder we tie the rope on it and do some mountaineering practices. This can be repeated at Khara also, for the interested parties.
Trek to KhareTrek to Khare (5025)/4hrs. Lodge.
Acclimatization at KhareAcclimatization at Khare. Lodge.
Trek to Mera LaTrek to Mera La (5415m) and set up the base camp at 5350m)/4hrs. Camp.
Base camp to High campBase camp to High camp (5800m.)/5 hrs. Camp.
High camp – Mera summitHigh camp – Mera summit and back to base camp (5350m) or Khare (5025m.). Camp or Lodge.
A spare dayA spare day for weather or other reason incase climbing delays…
Trek to Tashing OngmaTrek to Tashing Ongma. Lodge.
Trek to Thuli KharkaTrek to Thuli Kharka. Lodge.
Trek to LuklaTrek to Lukla. Buddha Lodge.
Way to KathmanduMorning fly back to Kathmandu. Hotel.
Day in KathmanduExtra day in Kathmandu. Hotel.
Back to HomeFly back your home. Happy see off!
- All airport pick up and transfer,
- Hotels in Kathmandu with breakfast (twin sharing),
- Flight ticket to Lukla and Kathmandu (both way) with airport departure taxes,
- All climbing permits, garbage fees, and Everest National Park, Makalu – Barun National Park entry permits,
- 1 trekking guide and necessary porters (for 4 trekking members, normally 3 porters in this route but this being the peak climbing trip, we allot 4 porters and is expected to be well enough),
- Everyday 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) based on Lodge from Lukla to Khare and Khare to Lukla.
- Beyond Khare (climbing period), all camping arrangement with full board is provided,
Main rope, fixed rope, snow bars, tents (group nature equipments),
- All staffs and crew members’ daily wage, work insurance (Mera area regarded a hard trek so the insurance is a ‘must’), warm clothes and shoes for the porters, etc.
- Welcome dinner in one of the Nepalese restaurants (typical Nepalese cuisines) in Kathmandu, for which your guide and the company represent accompany you. This is one of the best chances for the last minutes Q &A or anything we have forgotten to ask or discuss.
- Lukla to Khare lodge trek. Khare to the peak climbing part based on camping. And again from Khare to
- Lukla on the lodge trek as shown on the itinerary and said above.
- 1 climbing guide for each 4 members (clients), etc…
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu,
- Warm clothes, rain wear, personal equipment for trek and climbing (except the above listed of Group nature equip),
- Cold drinks, bar bills, telephone, laundry expenses. Mineral/bottled, boiled water etc.
- Personal gratitude or the loyalties to any trekking staff (tips) if any,
- International air fare and Nepal visa fee. International airport departure taxes.
- Sightseeing if any in Kathmandu or any other extra nights stay in Kathmandu (hotels),
- Personal insurance for trekking, climbing etc. Please make your insurance with full medical expenses and helicopter rescue covering in case needed.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing