Everest B. C. & Lhasa Tour; the heart & soul of Tibet
This trip is a complete exploration of the mythical Lhasa city as well as the Yeti’s favorite home – the site of Mt. Everest Base Camp, the north side in Tibet.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Airport pick up and transfer to Hotel. Room allocation is followed by welcome drinks. Little briefing about the day as well as the whole trip. Trip signing up and settle the payment. Passport and photos are collected for the Tibetan/Chinese travel visa process.
Day in Kathmandu
This day is for city sightseeing. It is a guided tour includes the Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath temple, Boudhnath, Swyambhu Nath etc. Welcome dinner is provided in the evening.
Cross country drive: Kathmandu - Rasuwagadhi - Kerung
It is a new entry point into Tibetan plateau from Nepal. The road from Kathmandu runs thru Trishuli Bazar, Dhunche, Syabrubensi and to Rasuwagadhi – around 185 KM taking some 7 to 8 hrs drive. The part of road is graveled and rough, so we provide suitable off-road drive jeeps.
In-spite of partly bumpy road, the drive will be still very interesting as there are unique views of the middle hilly region of Nepal with hills, mountains, terraces, rivers, waterfalls and many more. The lower area is majorly settled by Brahims and Chhetries while the higher areas by the indigenous people such as Tamang, Sherpa etc. Part of the road also passed the Langtang National Park area.
Having completed the custom formalities at Rasuwagadhi border between Nepal and China, you would be entering into the Kerong (2800 M), the first town of Tibet. Right there you would be meeting your Tibetan guide and having stocked your luggage in the vehicle take a short drive to another part of the town where you will have a guest house to spend the first night around the Roof of the World area.
Kerung to Tingri
Start from the lodge at Kerung after breakfast and get ready for the next destination by drive is Tingri (4300M, 370KM) in 5 to 6 hrs. Overnight at Tingri Guest House or similar.
Leave the town driving uphill to the vast Tibetan plateau where the typical view of Tibetan landscape offers sheer feeling of standing at the roof of the world from where breathtaking panorama of beautiful Himalayan ranges including Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201m) and Mt. Xishapangma (8,012m) can be seen. From Tingri one can enjoy the magnificent view of Mt. Everest (8,848m).
Tingri to Sigatse (3900m), 235KM 5 to 6 hrs
After Breakfast continue drive scenic section crossing over Gyatchu La(5,220m), the highest pass en route to Lhasa via Lhatse from where a road to Mt. Kailash separates to the west. Stay overnight at Hotel.
Sigatse to Gyantse (3950m/90KM, 3 to 4 hrs
After breakfast in the morning go for sightseeing to the Panchen Lama’s Tashilhumpu Monastery. Then drive to Gyantse and visit Kumbum Stupa & Phalkhor Monastery. Stay Overnight at Hotel.
Gyantse to Lhasa (3650m/261KM) 5 to 6 hrs
After breakfast as usual start the driving. The day is particularly beautiful in crossing over Karola(5,010m), Kambala (4,749m), Colorful Yamdrok- Tso Lake and the Tibetan lifeline river Brahma Putra (Yarlung Tsangpo). Stay Overnight at Hotel.
Day 8 & 9
After Breakfast two (2) full days sightseeing tour to Lhasa including Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Bazar, Potala Palace, Drepung and Sera Monasteries . Stay Overnight at Hotel.
Fly Back to Kathmandu or to your destination
After Breakfast drive to Gonggar Airport for your flight to Kathmandu or get your connect flight or even train services as your travel plan.
Final Day in Kathmandu
Shopping, free rambling… Hotel
Back to Home
Fly back home.
- Airport pick up and transfer as program (entire ground transportation by privately reserved van or suitable coach in KTM and in Lhasa),
- Hotel in Kathmandu (breakfast including)/twin sharing,
- Hotel in Lhasa or on the tour in Tibet with daily breakfast/twin sharing,
- Tibet Travel permit (Group visa for Tibet entry/travel) and EBC Permit,
- English speaking Tibetan Guide,
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as program,
- Fly ticket of Lhasa to Kathmandu (or vv as the program),
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Lhasa/Tibet and also in Kathmandu (except the said welcome, farewell dinners and daily breakfasts),
- Insurance of any kind,
- Personal expenses such as cold drinks, bar bills, tipping/loyalties,
- Nepal visa and re-entry visa with the flight ticket other than as said above,
- Tibet travel permit (group visa) rush fee if any,
- Any kind of unforeseen expenses incurred due to natural calamities or similar reasons that is out of our access,