- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
ROAD: KATHMANDU – RASUWA GADHI – KYIRUNG – KYIRUNG COUNTY – KONGTANG LHAMO PASS – SAGA – MANASAROVAR – DARCHEN – DIRAPHUK – ZUTULPHUK – DARCHEN – SAGA – KYIRUNG– RASUWA GADHI
INNER KORA PART: North Face Mt Kailash, Charan Sparsh, Khande Sanglam, Shivasthali, Kuber Kund, Kuber Parbat , Sherlung Gompa, Astapad, Aatma Linga, Sapta Rishi Cave, Nandi Parvat, Kailashi Ganga.
No details found.
Arrive in Kathmandu. Hotel
Airport reception and transfer to Hotel, Thamel area. Room check in and you will have free time. We collect your passport and rush to the Chinese embassy for the final approval of your Tibet entry visa/group travel permit.
Airport to Hotel: 4km, Kathmandu elevation: 1350M, Meals: Welcome Dinner, Hotel: as you suggest from none-star tourists standard to 5 star luxury.
Visa day in Kathmandu. Hotel,
You may go for city tours; Bhaktapur! It’s a beautiful part of the old town full of temples, palaces, statues, bells, courtyards, etc. Kathmandu to Bhaktapur: 13KM, City tours for: 8hrs Meals:
Drive to Rasuwa Gadhi – Border. Hotel
After breakfast drive to Rasuwa Gadhi, the border town. The drive will take 7 to 8 hrs for this nearly 170 km road. Half of the road is rough and very bumpy, 4wd jeeps are the good vehicle to use here. The hotel in the border town will be 1 or 2 star equivalent only. After room check in, rambling around and wait for the dinner! Distance covered: 170KM, Altitude: 2700m. Meals: from the Hotel, Hotel Simple: mountainous lodge.
RASUWA-KYIRUNG | TIBET, CHINA. Hotel,
After breakfast reach to the immigration where embarkation formalities are done – it will take 30 to 40 min, then cross the border on foot to reach China side. The group is then transferred on their Tibetan/Chinese bus for onward drive to Kyirung. Distance covered: 24kms/2hrs, Altitude: 2900m. Hotel Riwu Banba or similar (Twin sharing).
KYRUNG – KONGTANG LHAMO PASS-SAGA. Hotel
Morning after breakfast drive to Kyrung county, on the way visit beautiful waterfall and enjoy the natural sceneries. Continue drive to Kongtang Lhamo pass 5236M and enjoy the great views of Mt. Shishapangma and Peaku Tsho (lake). Drive to Saga for the night/5hrs. Distance covered: 185kms, Altitude: 4500m. Meals: Hotel : Manisong Hotel or similar standard (twin sharing).
DAY AT SAGA FOR ACCLIMATIZATION | HOTEL
This day is reserved for rest. The rest is arranged for gaining acclimatization in Tibet’s climate and the elevation. Your tour manager will assist you for a short hike in and around. Infact, on this day you will not be gaining new elevation, but not rest means become ideal and spend the day doing nothing. Keep being active is necessary to adjust your body to the environment of Tibet’s high altitude. Distance covered: 0kms, Altitude: 4500m. Meals Included: Hotel Manisong or similar (twin sharing).
SAGA-MANASAROVAR | GUEST HOUSE
Drive to Manasarovar Lake; quench your excitement of seeing the Holy Mt. Kailash today. The audience infact remains superb from driving. Stop for photos and enjoy the most highlight of the day. After breakfast at around 8 am, we drive through Mayum - la pass (17000ft) - the highest point of the driving. On the way you will be served pack Lunch. Upon Arrival at Mansarovar we have to change our transport and use Chinese Govt Bus for Kailash Mansarovar region. Mansarovar parikrama by bus (90 kms approx) Overnight at Mansarovar. Distance covered: 480kms, Altitude: 4560m/8-9hrs. O/N at Guesthouse (Dormitory).
MANASAROVAR TO DARCHEN & TREK TO DIRAPHUK | GUEST HOUSE
After Breakfast Drive to Dharboche. Audience of Yamdwar & later start the Parikrama (Kora) of Mt. Kailash by walking, Trekking. Today being the first day of your Kora a slow advancement is suggested; it's just a course of 6 to 7 hours. Reach Diraphuk for the night stay, its a dormitory accommodation at a guest House/4900m.
DIRAPHUK - ZUTHULPHUCKNORTH FACE OF KAILASH & TOUCHING THE FEET OF KAILASH (CHARAN SPARSH) / 5hrs.. Guest House|Dormitory
Today special day - You will trek about 5 hours to touch North Face of Mt Kailash and touching the feet of Mt. Kailash (Charan Sparsh). Those who do not wish go for North Face can stay back at Diraphuk or visit nearby Diraphuk Gompa. Altitude: 4900m. Meals: Guest House Guest House (Dormitory).
DIRAPHUK TO ZUTHULPHUK-(INNER KAILASH KORA)/ 8hrs.Guest House|Dormitory,
Inner Kora members: Trek from Diraphuk to Khande Sanglam (it is believed that Lord Shiva meditates here). We will go through an amazing experience through Shivasthali. On the way we see two important aspects of Inner kora, Kuber Kund & Kuber Parbat. Distance covered: 25kms, Altitude: 4790m. Meals Included: Guest Houe Guest House (Dormitory).
ZUTHULPHUK TO DARCHEN TREK / 4hrs. Hotel,
After Breakfast, we will trek around 8 km. We will be reaching at the point, where our vehicle will be waiting to Drive us to Darchen, parikarma (Circuit) ends. free and Rest Overnight at Hotel. Distance covered: 8kms, Altitude: 4590m. Meals Included: Hotel Darchen Himalaya Hotel (* * * */Triple sharing)
REST DAY AT DARCHEN/Hotel
Because of the 4 day Kailash Yatra Kora, we need rest and replenish energy, prepare for tomorrow's pilgrimage. Altitude: 4590m. Meals Included: Hotel Darchen Himalaya Hotel (* * * */Triple sharing)
EXPLORE RISHI CAVE, NANDI PARVET, ASTAPAD, SAPTA RISHI CAVES/9hrs. Hotel
Morning drive to Serlung Gompa and trek to Inner Part of Mt. Kailash where you expect to visit Sherlung Gompa, Rishi Cave, Nandi Parvet, Astapad, Kailashi Ganga, Sapta Rishi caves and Atmalingam. Near At Alingam there is a white lake and red lake of importance. The high pass between Holy Mt. Kailash & Nandi Parvat needs some experience of high altitude trekking. Total trek 22kms. Trek down to Serlung Gompa following the trail of Kailashi Gange and reach Darche Distance covered: 22kms, Meals Included: Hotel Darchen Himalaya Hotel (* * * */Triple sharing).
DARCHEN- SAGA/ 7-8 hrs. Hotel
Drive from Darchen to Saga. Distance covered: 480kms, Altitude: 4500m. Meals Included: Hotel Manisong Hotel (* * */Twin sharing).
SAGA – KYIRUNG THIL Drive Saga to Kyirung. Hotel,
After breakfast we begin our journey towards Kyirung. On the way we cross the bridge over beautiful Brahmaputra River and continue acrossing the vast open Tibetan plains. While driving enjoy the stunning Himalayan views, particularly of Shishapangma and the Pieko-Tso Lake. Driving on well pitched roads and mountainous terrain we reach Kerung for the night halt. Distance covered: 185kms, Altitude: 2900m. Meals: Hotel Riwu Banba (* * */Twin sharing).
KYIRUNG THIL-RASUWA GADHI TO KATHMANDU. Hotel
Today we drive down to the friendship bridge which borders to Nepal. Completing the Immigration process enter into Nepal and meet the Nepal side vehicle. The Tibetan guide will say bye bye here! Distance covered: 24kms (Tibet) + 170 (Nepal), Altitude: 1350. Meals: Hotel (****/twin sharing),
Day in Kathmandu/Hotel,
It’s a free day here in Kathmandu. Rest all day in order to kill the tiredness from the hard Tibet trip! Evening go for farewell dinner with Alpine Exodus owner and your staff on the trip!
Kathmandu fly back home!
It’s the final day. Hope you had a great 17 days in Nepal and Tibet. Please do let us know your feedback. Transfer to airport on the given time and happy see off!!
- Airport reception and transfer to Hotel as program (before and after the trip),
- City tours in Kathmandu, such as Bhaktapur and Swyambhunath stupa,
- Hotel in Kathmandu for 2 nights before the trip and 2 nights after, including daily breakfast (twin sharing), totally 4 nights,
- Mountain Guest House in the border town,
- All road transportation from Kathmandu to border and pick up,
- a Nepali guide,
- Visa/Travel Permit obtaining assistance in Kathmandu, all documentation,
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet,
- Tibet Inner special permits,
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan Inner kora local tour guide,
- Kyirung use Riwubenba Hotel 3star on twin sharing basis (Best Hotel),
- Saga use Manishi Hotel or Norling Hotel 3star on twin sharing basis(Best Hotel),
- Manasarovar use dormitory style,
- Diraphuk use dormitory style,
- Zutulphuk use dormitory style,
- Darchen Himalaya Hotel 3star on Triple sharing basis(Best Hotel),
- Private transportation in Tibet: Ranging from Van to bus depending on the group size .
- One Support vehicle for carrying luggage and kitchen equipments and Nepali staff,
- Manasarovar Kora by Environments Bus,
- Darchen to darpoche by Environments Bus,
- Manasarovar & Kailash entrance fee,
- Yak to carry kitchen equipments during Parikrama (Kora),
- Two bottle of mineral water per person per day (one bottle is Half litter),
- Arrangements for Charan Sparsh, Inner Kora, Shivasthali, Kuber Kund ,Kuber Parbat, Parbat, Astapad, Kailashi Ganga, Sapta Rishi caves and Atmalingam,
- Climbing rope and mountaineering safety helmet,
- Tibet two to four pax Local Helper for the fix Rope.
- Oxygen cylinders in Tibet side,
- All the food and drinks [except the shown in Nepal part such as daily breakfast, welcome dinner etc],
- Travel insurance and Life insurance (strongly recommended to carry a valid insurance),
- Personal Horse/ Pony Charges / Porter for Kailash outer and Inner Kora,
- Tips to drivers, staff, Guide,