This hiking connects two distinct forms of societies within a short time. Kathmandu where Nepal’s major commerce and trade chain remains active and the nearby outskirt survives with much traditional types of daily routine.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
"Nagarkot Sunrise Hike"
We drive to Nagarkot (32km. north-east of Kathmandu) which is one of the foremost tourist-destinations nearby the valley. This trip also includes the wonderful ‘sun-rise’ scenery from the top of Nagarkot. Therefore, the trip should start a little earlier in the morning from Kathmandu/your Hotel. By drive it will take about an hour to arrive here. We get ready to view the marvelous moment of Sun Rising! Later take breakfast in one of the luxurious hotel located nearby, and then get ready to hike…
At the beginning we walk through the village where apart of the unfolding views of the Himalayas, we get to see the typically traditional houses. This makes easy descending before to enter the pine forest trail. Stop for lunch in a meadow, where we often get to see the local people and children rearing their cows, goats etc. Explore the nearby vicinity. Resume your hike and descend down to the Changu Narayan shrine. Drive back to Kathmandu. This hike will take about 5-6 hours.
"Nagarkot Overnight Hike"
Drive to Nala (28Km, north-east of Kathmandu) and start this hike. Easy trail, enjoy your walk passing through the pine forests, terraces and the typical villages; and of course with good view of the snow mountains. Pause your journey for sometime at Ghimire Gaon for lunch. From here a sweeping view of the old city of Bhaktapur is particularly beautiful and is seen the Kathmandu Valley in a farther distance. We will finally reach Nagarkot, which is the destination of today. This hike will take about 4 to 5 hours.
At Nagarkot you may choice; stay one night here in one of the hotels, lodges specially for next day’s beautiful sunrise and views of the Himalayan peaks on a clear morning or same day drive back to Kathmandu. We will provide the price accordingly.
There’s another trail that brings you to the valley floor at Sankhu before drive to Kathmandu as the third alternative hiking trail available for this famous hill station.
- English speaking tour guide,
- Pick up/transfer to your hotel as well as fro/to the road head,
- Lunch (hot lunch or pack lunch) as available,
- Entry fees to the heritage sites, parks, temples as remain on the way,
- Many more compliment/regular services from Alpine Exodus,
- Separate price is provided if there is overnight stay involve on the program,
- If porter is necessary, separate cost is provided,
- Meals other than above mentioned,
- Cold drinks, bar bills, if any,
- Tipping to your guide, porter, driver if any,
- Photography or video shooting if any,
- Repeating visit or drive etc.