- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The land of Crystal Mountain; Dolpo region is a mystical impression all its own. It’s where the land of ancient trading routes arcing across the eternal landscape, isolated from the present world. We get to share the trails with nomads and yak herders in remote valleys, mediaeval fortified villages grip to mountain slopes, and at its heart lies the other worldly famous Phoksundo Lake. From the deep indigo and greeneries of the lake to the spirituality of Buddhist and Bon practitioners heading to the Crystal Mountain. For today’s world Dolpo Rocks with its rich pristine nature and traditional culture!
Due to the remote location and hard living conditions, not so many people live or travel in these areas. As a result, the people of Dolpo are part of a very isolated culture found in specific pockets of northern Nepal. This is a land where life still revolves around horses, mules and yaks; people still wear traditional attire and jewelry, waters are still divided on the basis of a dice game, and the remains of the dead are given to wild vultures. Even today, much of Dolpo is restricted area for tourists, which contributed to preserve the ages old unique culture of here.
The beautiful lake of Phoksindo [derived from ‘phok’, ‘sung’ and ’dhu’, meaning ‘spread out’ ‘three’ and ‘stone’ respectively]; the deepest lake of Nepal which also happens to be the deepest lake of high altitude in the world as well as the Ringmo village is the remarkable destination of this trip.
No details found.
Arrival in Kathmandu. Hotel,Arrival in Kathmandu. Hotel,
Free day in Kathmandu. Hotel,Free day in Kathmandu. Hotel,
Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by drive. Hotel,Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by drive. Hotel,
Fly to Juphal.Trek to Dunai (2140m/3hrs).Overnight at Mountain Lodge/full board.
Trek to Shyangta (2520m/5hrs).Overnight similar.
Trek to Rechi (2520m/5 hrs).Overnight similar.
Trek to Ringmo (3733m/6hrs).O/N similar.
Rest in Ringmo and visit around including the Phoksindo lake. You may enjoy even a short boating trip on this legendary beautiful lake.Rest in Ringmo and visit around including the Phoksindo lake. You may enjoy even a short boating trip on this legendary beautiful lake.
Trek return to Chhepka (2838m).O/N similar.
Trek return to Juphal.Overnight similar.
Morning fly to Nepalgunj and drive to Kathmandu. Hotel.Morning fly to Nepalgunj and drive to Kathmandu. Hotel.
Day at free.Evening after farewell dinner transfer to ariport and fly home!
· Airport pick up/transfer as program,
· Hotel in Kathmandu and in Nepalgunj with full board meals,
· Kathmandu city tour (half day tour with guide and transport),
· Kathmandu to Nepalgunj [and back to Kathmandu] transport on the privately reserved Toyota van with air condition,
· Nepalgunj to Juphal and return by flight,
· Full board trek with mountain basic lodge accommodation (lodge+meals),
· All trek permits and National park entry permits,
· 1 guide, assistant/s depending on the group size, porters including meals, daily allowance, work insurance etc.
· Welcome/farewell dinners are provided at the traditional Nepali restaurants with cultural shows,
· Services of fresh fruits, boiled drinking water, tea, coffee cookies,
· Services of duffel bags (for trek purpose only), warm water daily in the morning for face washing water etc.
- Cold drinks, bar bills, personal shopping,
- More city tours if any,
- Repeated more nights hotel stay in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj or even on the trek, (or other than the program above),
- Travel insurance, medical expenses, medical/emergency evacuate if any etc.
- Nepal visa fee, international airfare,
- Any trip extension, Upper Dolpo entry etc.