Good news: recently Pokalde Peak doesn’t require Peak Permit to climb it. The NMA list of peaks recently modified and its a big news! Considerable cut on the prices now and then. Please do not hesitate to check with us for the best prices…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Arrival at Kathmandu
Arrival at Kathmandu. Airport pick up and transfer to Hotel. Free afternoon. Evening welcome dinner with your guide and Alpine Exodus representative. At the hotel we take a short time for checking the permits, entry tickets, your insurance policy and the detail it covers, etc. This is time we have to settle the full/final payments too if there is any.
Way to Lukla
Early morning get the pack breakfast then airport transfer to fly to Lukla (2800 m). Trek to Phakding (2650 m). Overnight at Lodge/Full board.
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m). Overnight at Lodge. Full board.
Namche exploration day
Namche exploration day, also this is an acclimatization day. Overnight at the same lodge. Full board.
Namche to Tyangboche
Namche to Tyangboche (3860m.). Overnight similar with full board.
Tyangboche to Dingboche
Tyangboche to Dingboche (4350m.). Overnight similar/full board.
2nd exploration day! The team with the guide can cross the Imja Khola – a short walk on the south of the valley and go towards the Amadablam peak. There are multiple trails to walk on. We take the one that leads to the lakes area which is as higher as 5100m that offers magnificent view towards the Mt. Everest and Lotse. We can view the Pokalde Peak and the trail that leads to Kongma pass from Chhukung is seen from here. Overnight at the same lodge with all meals.
Dingboche Trek to Chhukung
Dingboche trek to Chhukung (4743m.). Overnight similar. Side excursion including Chhukung Ri (5550m) hike.
Trek to the Base camp of Pokalde peak
Chhukung – trek to the Base camp of Pokalde peak, located around 5250m by a beautiful lake. The base camp point of Pokalde peak climbing is literally regarded as the high camp for Kongmala Pass (5535m) trekkers. Normally the trekkers don’t camp here. It is just a literally camp site for them. But the climbing parties must set up the base camp here and stay for at lest one night even on the straight–forwarding climbing and even wait here if necessary for some delays such as the weather etc. Tented camp/full board.
Early morning (around 3am) start from the camp. Around 9 to 10, the team can be at the summit. Celebrate summit and enjoy the stunning views for a while and then descend to Kongmala Pass (5535m) and take the course towards Lobuche (4910m). Overnight at Lodge/full board.
An extra day for weather or some kind of acclimatizing activities if required at the Pokalde base camp. Overnight accordingly. Full board.
Trek to Gorakshep
Lobuche – trek to Gorakshep (5170m.) and take the day Hike to Everest Base Camp (5380m) about 6 to 7 hours for both ways walk. Overnight similar/full board.
Arrival at Kalapatthar
Morning Kalapatthar (5623m.) as the final destination to arrive to. Congratulations! You have successfully completed the trip. Now we take the return trail. It’s good to get down as lower as possible. So, Pheriche (420m) is the best as it is warmer and has comfortable lodges comparing Lobuche or Thugla. Lodge/full board.
Lobuche or Pheriche to Phortse village
Lobuche or Pheriche to Phortse village (3810m). Overight similar/full board.
This is an alternative route on your return to Namche… It is very scenic and the Phortse village is a typically traditional Sherpa village.
Namche to Lukla
Namche to Lukla 2840m. Overnight at Buddha Lodge/full board.
Way to kathmandu
Morning fly to Kathmandu. Airport to Hotel transfer, and free afternoon. Rest at hotel enjoy good meals and beers in Kathmandu under the warm sun! You may also go for some shopping souvenirs. Overnight at hotel/breakfast.
Back to Home
Airport transfer on the given time and fly to home. Happy see off/breakfast.
- Airport pick and transfer to Hotel,
- Hotel 3 star with breakfast including basis,
- All permits and entrance fees,
- Flight ticket to Lukla and back with airport departure taxes,
- 1 guide for climbing and trekking period,
- Necessary number of porters for trekking and base camp support,
- 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) everyday on trek in lodge and tented camp stay,
- Hot drinks, snacks, desserts, cookies, biscuits etc.
- Group nature equipment for climbing/base camp (such as tents, climbing ropes, snow bars, etc.)
- Welcome dinner/trekking map etc.
- Cold drinks, bar bills, dry foods especially for climbing periods,
- Personal equipments such as ice axe, carabineers, including the ice crews etc. Warm clothes and rain wear,
- Sleeping bag, down jackets,
- Medicines and medical assistance if any, Helicopter rescue if any. There must be proper insurance to cover all of it.
- Personal porter if required (for trekking or climbing), extra climbing guide, etc.
- Extra night stay in Kathmandu if any, any sightseeing activities etc.