Extensive grassland, soaring eagles, galloping horses, herdsmen against the sunset, magnificent Phoksindo Lake, ages old Buddhism practice, pristine nature, beautiful villages, drifting herders … Read more UPPER DOLPO TREK; the hidden gem of Himalayas!
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Extensive grassland, soaring eagles, galloping horses, herdsmen against the sunset, magnificent Phoksindo Lake, ages old Buddhism practice, pristine nature, beautiful villages, drifting herders on the isolated landscape; all these nuts and bolts add to the mesmerizing elegance of Dolpo Region.
This land is home to myriad glaciers. Functioning as a vast reservoir of fresh water, these glaciers give birth to a number of world–famous rivers and lakes. The raging Karnali river cuts open mountains creating the longest river system in Nepal. It then runs down to the southern plains before emerging into its final destination – the Indian Ocean.
On this trek you will be seeing all the amazing odds and uniqueness of Dolpo. The day to day schedule given here combine lower and upper areas of Dolpo. This is more accurately said as the area below Phoksindo Lake is knows as lower Dolpo and above from here is the upper. Both are amazing, both are naturally so intact and so beautiful. Tarakot, Dho,Tarap, Chhepka are beautiful settlement in the lower Dolpo where as She Gompa, Saldang, Namgung are amazing settlement in the upper Dolpo.
Horses have been the common means of people transportation and donkeys for the goods. You will experience here the extreme climatic condition which gives lesser opportunities of farming but spending life peacefully and gloriously doesn’t really stop by anything.
No details found.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m).Airport reception and transfer to Hotel. O/N at Hotel.
Kathmandu/Hotela free day for excursion/getting prepared. Hotel.
drive [or fly] to Nepalgunj and stay at Hotel.drive [or fly] to Nepalgunj and stay at Hotel.
Fly to Juphal (2300m) in the morning & trek to Dunai (3-4hrs/2140m) and campFly to Juphal (2300m) in the morning & trek to Dunai (3-4hrs/2140m) and camp
Trek to Tarakot camp(4-5hrs/2540m)Trek to Tarakot camp(4-5hrs/2540m)
Trek to Chhyugar (5-6hrs/3440m)Trek to Chhyugar (5-6hrs/3440m)
Trek to Ghyamgar (4-5hrs/3755m),Trek to Ghyamgar (4-5hrs/3755m),
Trek to Dho-Tarp (5-6hrs/3944m)Trek to Dho-Tarp (5-6hrs/3944m)
Rest day Dho-Tarap. Exploration around…Rest day Dho-Tarap. Exploration around…
Trek to Toku High camp (4-5hrs/4400m)Trek to Toku High camp (4-5hrs/4400m)
Trek to Jyanta Pass (3-4hrs/5220m) & to Darumna Dhobhan camp (2-3hrs/4700m),Trek to Jyanta Pass (3-4hrs/5220m) & to Darumna Dhobhan camp (2-3hrs/4700m),
Trek to Chagaon (4-5hrs/4000M),Trek to Chagaon (4-5hrs/4000M),
Trek to Saldang camp (3-4hrs/3770m/lunch-camp).Trek to Saldang camp (3-4hrs/3770m/lunch-camp).
Trek to Namgung camp (3-4hrs/4600m/lunch-camp).Trek to Namgung camp (3-4hrs/4600m/lunch-camp).
Trek to Shey Gompa (5-6hrs/4160m).Trek to Shey Gompa (5-6hrs/4160m).
Trek to Nagdalo Pass (4-5hrs/5350m) and descend to Phedi (2-3hrs/4720m) for camp,Trek to Nagdalo Pass (4-5hrs/5350m) and descend to Phedi (2-3hrs/4720m) for camp,
Trek to Phoksindo Lake head – camp (4-5hrs/3630m)Trek to Phoksindo Lake head – camp (4-5hrs/3630m)
Trek to Phoksundo Lake/Ringmo Gaon camp (4-5hrs/3640m)Trek to Phoksundo Lake/Ringmo Gaon camp (4-5hrs/3640m)
Excursion Day;around the lake + the village;
Trek to Chhekpa camp (6-7hrs/2840m)Trek to Chhekpa camp (6-7hrs/2840m)
Trek to Juphal (6-7hrs/2330m)Trek to Juphal (6-7hrs/2330m)
Flight from Juphal to Nepalgunj (40min) and drive to Lumbini (6-7hrs). O/N at hotel.Flight from Juphal to Nepalgunj (40min) and drive to Lumbini (6-7hrs). O/N at hotel.
morning visit the Lumbini Garden and later drive to Kathmandu (7-8hrs). Similar Hotel.morning visit the Lumbini Garden and later drive to Kathmandu (7-8hrs). Similar Hotel.
free day in Kathmandu. Hotel.free day in Kathmandu. Hotel.
fly home!!fly home!!
· Airport pick up and transfers,
· Hotel in Kathmandu as program with breakfast (twin sharing),
· All necessary permits and entry tickets (Lower & Upper Dolpa travel permit as well as the national park entry fees),
· Flight ticket from Nepalgunj to Juphal to begin the trek and back to Nepalgunj at end of the trek,
- Nepalgunj to Kathmandu by drive having stopped at Lumbini for a night as program,
· Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by flight or drive (as the cost made out of).
· Full board trek with all meals (daily Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) with all hot drinks,
· Complete camping arrangement including of sleeping tents, kitchen, dining, toilet with mattresses, sleeping bags, full range of kitchen equipments,
· An experienced Govt. registered trekking guide, professional cook, assistant guide, kitchen boy and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (1 trekker: 2 to 3 porter),
· Salaries/wages, transportation perks and incentives, food allowances, work insurance for the Nepalese supporting team,
· A comprehensive medical kit,
· All government and local taxes,
* Complimentary city tour in Kathmandu valley (2-3 spots on your free time),
· Trekking equipment such as a down jacket, duffel bag, walking sticks etc.
· Bottle drinks or cold drinks, bar bills, personal expenses,
* Personal trek equipment, warm clothes, rain wear,
· City monument fees (for city tours in KTM, Lumbini etc),
· Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and in Pokhara,
· Travel insurance & evacuation,
· Tipping, any extension of the trip, repeat visit etc. and anything that is not mentioned on the above ‘Price Including Services’