Nepal’s Upper Mustang plateau neighboring to Tibet; remained forbidden for centuries, therefore isolated therefore wears a perfect intact in cultures and traditions. This trip explores and experiences every bit of that having ridden on the mountain bikes. No need to tame your ideas of wildly riding bikes on the beautiful single tracks of Upper Mustang…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Kathmandu Arrival | Hotel
Airport reception and transfer to Hotel.
Day in Kathmandu | Hotel
We complete the permit process before the noon. So while we are working on that, there is time for you to make a leisurely start to the day and a stroll down to Kathmandu Durbar Square. Spend seeing the old architectures and see how overcrowded the Old town of Ason gets from the locals. By lunchtime, we check the motorcycles ad if you are up to it we can go for an afternoon ride exploring some of the trails in the north of the Kathmandu Valley.
Ride to Pokhara | Hotel
Have your breakfast and get ready to begin your adventure. We drive for 30 min and leave the valley from Thankot or Nagdhunga- the southern exit point. Right after Nagdhunga, it starts the hill side of Nepal where the highway bends like a snake, but not that long. Sometime this section gets notoriously busy by big trucks and public buses, but we will be OK with the motorcycles! Ride for about 45min and we reach to the valley floor where we will have better riding. On the way we can break for washrooms or have tea/coffee or even for fuel. Mungling is about 3-4hrs ride from Nagdhunga. Pokhara about 3 hrs from here with very pleasant ride!
Ride from Pokhara to Tatopani | Hotel
Passing Pokhara valley is amazing experience where we can have coolest sights of snow mountains such as Annapurna South, Fishtail, Hiunchuli etc. Some 6 to 7 hrs ride today brings you to Tatopani where beautiful natural hot spring pools for your dipping probably waiting for.
Ride to Jomsom & on to Kagbeni | Hotel
The distance is not much; but ride slow enjoying the tranquil and even stopping for photos as it is one of the most scenic days. Some wonderful landmarks are shown by your guide and mostly we follow the Kaligandaki river bank all day.
Lunch probably in Marpha village and after Jomsom its 30min ride to Kageni.
Ride to Chele | Lodge
Again today, the distance is not much but wonderfully scenic day, so you might stop and take photos in several places. Another reason we are keeping short distance is considering the elevation we are gaining! But unto here we're perfect!
Beyond Kagbeni, its controlled area where special entry permit is required. In the beginning at Kagbeni we complete all the registration procedures.
After check lodge check in , we might hang around by the village and share how was our experience!
Ride to Ghami | Hotel
Again a memorable day! Several highlighted things to see or visit. Old monasteries, long Maniwals, sweeping deserted valleys etc. Every in an interval, amidst of the desert you will encounter beautiful greenery and settlement area like an oasis in desert even that makes you pretty amazed!
Ride to Lo Manthang | Hotel
It's our 3rd day in the controlled area of Upper Mustang. Ride under the blue sky and vastly open area. Hills appear but pretty dwarf, don't block the horizontal views. The riders will have a magnetic curiosity of reaching next hill top and further on or visit the next village and so on.
Lo Manthang; a traditional walled city which once was called Kingdom inside Kingdom. There used to be a King living in the walled city. Even these days, we can the royal place and royal family with royal fame. Nothing fancy, but locals' topnotch respect. The walled city is a home of ages old several monasteries and masterpiece of wall painting, wonderful collection of old books and colophons. We spend lots of time to visit here after check in at hotel nearby.
Ride to Nyamgyal - Garphu & back to Lo Manthang | Hotel
It's a day hike to explore the nearby areas which is more isolated and have been better preserved. On the visit even an active cave-life can be observed.
Ride to return course to Ghiling via Ghar Gumba & Dhakmar | Hotel
Another interesting as it passed one of the largest monastery at Ghar Gumba and beautiful oasis type of farming areas. Ghar Gumba is a alternate trial for return instaed of following the same course back.
Ride to Kagbeni | Hotel
Same track retracing all the way to Kagbeni. Jomsom is nearby if preferred for better accommodation, may reach to hear easily.
Ride to Pokhara | Hotel
It's possible to reach to Pokhara from Jomsom directly. Hotel check in and enjoy the free time.
Return to Kathmandu | hotel
Conclude the two week long ride in Kathmandu! Return motorbike and celebrate the trip success!
Fly back home....
Transfer to airport and happy see off!!
- Airport pick up/transfer,
- Hotel in Kathmandu and in Pokhara (as program/twin sharing/BB basis),
- All drive as program from Kathmandu to Pokhara on the Toyota hiace, Pokhara to Upper Mustang by a 4WD jeep until trip returns to Pokhara and back to KTM again on the Toyota hiace,
- Full board trip. Daily 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) with hot drinks/boiled water for drinking and lodge, guest house accommodation,
- All trek permits, Special trek permit for the Upper Mustang area,
- 1 trek guide, supporting team (porter/s) or a team of Nepali staffs. Their daily wage, trek insurance, daily allowances meals (or complete pay),
- Jeep for the whole trip,
- Meals (other than breakfast at the Hotel) during your stay in Kathmandu and in Pokhara,
- Services of fresh fruits, washing water, duffel bags (water proof) for trip period only, trek maps, etc.
- Personal expenses, personal trek/cycling gears,
- Cold drinks, bar bills, power drinks,
- Travel insurance, medical expenses, medical kit box, emergency evacuation incase any,
- Repeated or any extension on the trip,
- International flight tickets, Nepal visa fee,
- Hot shower, battery charge if any (in the mountain),
- Single supplementary (room in KTM, PKR or in the mountain),
- Tips if any to your guide, the driver, porter/s,
- Anything that is not mentioned on the above ‘Services [that are price included]’ column and that is not naturally within the trip, etc.