Makalu Base Camp Trek
Makalu Base Camp trek is regarded as one of the most enjoyable and adventurous treks in Nepal which combines all kinds of geographical attractions available in Nepal.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Arrival in Kathmandu Airport
Arrival in Kathmandu airport. Reception and transfer to Hotel. Hotel in Thamel.
Day in Kathmandu
Leisurely day in Kathmandu; good for the final preparation/stay at Hotel. Members may go for city tours such as to Swyambhunath, Boudhanath etc. In the evening we meet and get know the guide and his briefing about for tomorrow specially the pick up time, the flight time, and if there is any other questions you have as the last minute Q&A. We also take all the insurance record for incase of emergency need.
Way to Tumlingtar
Morning (around 10am) fly to Tumlingtaar (405m/35 min scenic flight). Landing at the airport, we meet the other crew members/porters, and we check in lodge at Tumlingtaar. Remaining time to ramble around.
Trek to Bhotebas
Trek to Bhotebas (1730m/6 to 7 hrs). Overnight at lodge/full board.
Trek to Num
Trek to Num (1572m/6 to 7 hrs). Overnight at lodge/full board.
NOTE: there is a road link to Num from Tumlingtaar. The road is just graveled or without the pitch toped. This is not an all seasoned road. Therefore the chance of finding means of comfortable drive from Tumlingtaar is just a thin. But if we find the vehicle we can travel in one day to NUM from TUMLINGTAAR, this can be just an option incase of necessary.
Trek to Seduwa
Trek to Seduwa (1500m/6hrs). Overnight at lodge/full board.
Trek to Tashi Gaon
Trek to Tashi Gaon (2100m/4hrs). O/N similar/full board.
Trek to Kauma Danda
Trek to Kauma Danda (Hill) or Kauma Hill Base Camp (3500m/6hrs). O/N at lodge/full board.
Trek to Mumbuk
Trek to Mumbuk (3540m/6hrs). O/N at lodge/full board.
Trek to Yangla Kharka
Trek to Yangla Kharka (3575m/5hrs). O/N at lodge/full board.
Trek to Merek
Trek to Merek (4100m/5hrs). O/N at lodge/full board.
Trek to Makalu Base Camp
Trek to Makalu Base Camp (4870m) starting early in the morning and return to Merak. O/N lodge/full board.
Trek return to Mumbuk
Trek return to Mumbuk. O/N at tent/full board.
Trek Srrives to Seduwa
Trek arrives to Seduwa. O/N at lodge/full board.
Trek to Num
Half day trek to Num and depending on availability of a jeep we may arrive to Tumlingtaar; and if jeep is not available, we trek further to Chichila. O/N at lodge/full board.
Trek to Tumlimlingtaar
Trek to Tumlimlingtaar and get the flight ticket reconfirmation. O/N at lodge/full board. There will be simple farewell dinner with staffs and crew members!
Way to Kathmandu
Fly to Kathmandu. Free afternoon, rest at Hotel. Farewell dinner at the evening!!
A reserve Day
A reserve day. Overnight accordingly. If it is in the mountain, it will be on the lodge and incase its in KTM, there will be similar hotel. Similarly, if this day is taken in the mountain it will be inclusive of all the meals and drinks as regular and if its in KTM, it will include only the accommodation/hotel with breakfast.
- Airport pick up/transfer, all local/ground transportation in Kathmandu,
- Hotel in Kathmandu for 3 to 4 night with twin sharing and daily breakfast,
- Kathmandu to Tumlingtaar and return flight tickets,
- 1 guide, 1 assistant and necessary number of porters,
- Daily 3 (breakfast, lunch, dinner and hot drinks) meals while on mountain or during the period stay at the lodge. We provide boiled water to drink.
- Sleeping bags, mattresses, pillows,
- Lodge/guest house accommodation while on trek,
- All trek permits, entry tickets,
- Trekking maps,
- Good food with daily fruits, cookies, tinned meat and fruit items. Daily warm/washing water.
- Duffel bags, if needed for trekking purpose,
- Nepali staffs transportation, work insurance, food allowances, daily wage etc.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu,
- Meals such as lunch, dinner while in Kathmandu,
- City tours, city tour guides, car/van for city tours,
- Any trip extended, any extension on Hotel stay in Kathmandu,
- Warm clothes/trekking gears, trekking boots, day backpack,
- Tips/gratitude to your guide, porter/s, driver when any,
- Travel insurance, medical assistances, helicopter uplift if any,
- Personal expenses, cold drinks, etc.
- Anything not mentioned on above Service